I am not one to typically recommend a book, mostly because...I just don't seem to ever sit down and read these days. But with the great gift of an ipad, downloading a book based on an urge is so easy to do.
I found myself, recently in a very negative place. Very cynical, negative. Hanging onto unhealthy thoughts and behaviors. Not myself at all. So upsetting.
I downloaded a book based on one single quote:
“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
If that doesn't do it for you, maybe some of these other quotes WILL do it for you?
- “If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.”
- “Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.”
- “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love - even the most simple action.”
- “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living
- “Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now.”
- “Nothing has happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.”
- “Once you have identified with some form of negativity, you do not want to let it go, and on a deeply unconscious level, you do not want positive change. It would threaten your identity as a depressed, angry or hard-done by person. You will then ignore, deny or sabotage the positive in your life. This is a common phenomenon. It is also insane.”
- "Emotion arises at the place where mind and body meet. It is the body's reaction
to your mind — or you might say, a reflection of your mind in the body"
- The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of
unconscious resistance to what is. On the level of thought, the resistance is
some form of judgment. On the emotional level, it is some form of negativity.
The intensity of the pain depends on the degree of resistance to the present
moment, and this in turn depends on how strongly you are identified with your
- When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting
entangled in it. The mind in itself is a wonderful tool. Dysfunction sets in
when you seek your self in it and mistake it for who you are"
I could go on and on, but you get the point. We all get stuck. We all hang on to things, thoughts and emotions that eat up our hearts and minds.
Live in the Now, it will change your life.