Thanks Irelle! We hope you love the bracelet as much as we do!
- Fresh From the Studio
- My Wishlist
- Shop by Gemstones
- Shop by Chakras
- Shop by Price
- Shop by Metal
- Gift Guide
- Gift Card
- Chakra Colors
- Gemstone Properties
- Fertility Gemstones
- The Look Book
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Custom Designs
- Store Policies
"You can't expect to receive that what you do not give."
I can blame it on PMS or a number of other things, but the truth is....those mornings when I wake up stressed or cranky, I have pre-written my day. Stress and "crank" is what I am sending out to the world. And stress and additional reasons to be cranky is what I will attract...
I love what I do....creating jewelry. I love it when a customer calls or writes with a question or wanting help in picking out the perfect fertility bracelet. I love when a customer receives their piece and they write to let me know how much they love wearing it....
...but do fertility bracelets REALLY work?
I think sometimes we really forget (or maybe never have learned how) to....truly and passionately relax.
There's a quote from one of my most favorite movies: Eat, Pray, Love....
“La Dolce Far Niente”
The character goes on to translate it to meaning the "art of doing nothing".
I translate it to meaning “Doing what freely comes from letting yourself have no shoulds and musts. Relax with passion"
So tonight my "freely comes" includes: writing, Mallomars, a great movie and a room filled with the scent of my favorite candle (at the moment).
What do you do for your own "freely comes"?
Over here in New Jersey, it's been a few relentless days of chilly, rainy, grey, windy weather.
I can say now...I have loved having them.
Three days of no makeup, fluffy fat socks, comfy clothing, no running around, cancelled plans, catching up with friends. And the best part of working in a studio within my home....sneaking in some cat naps while my husband and son of off doing their 9-5 and schoolday days.
The first day, I actually ended up working my way through all of my paperwork. (Even WITH a nap!)
The first night, I relaxed with some tea, my boys, and Monday night football.
The second day, I made it to a yoga class for the first time in...I don't remember. And another nap, of course!
The second night, I started getting restless and dug into a part of my business that I hadn't touched in a long time...only to find I had a mini mess going on. That night? Ended at 2AM the next morning.
The third morning, with only a few hours of sleep and ALL of my work done, I finally sat down and got to the the part of my business I really love. Creating. And it's been a really positive and fun day for me, even with no nap :)
I am onto my third night now, and signing off to go enjoy it.....
Stay tuned for some really great new pieces in the weeks to come. Check back now and then in the New at InJewels section of the shop...and let me know what you think!
"Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be." ~Sonia Ricotti
Do not dwell on history and the past. Take the lessons you have learned from it and live in the present. Only then can your life move in a positive direction.
In going with this quote.....our Power of Now Bracelet
"Your task is not to seek love, but to seek & find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
I'm often reading through self help websites to inspire and help me grow as an individual. While I would love to recap a very inspiring aritcle, so much of it would be lost in translation. So I will simply provide the link and allow you to read it for yourself....
A beautiful and inspiring blend of Vanilla, Black Currant and Sandalwood with a Rhodochrosite gemstone
We're all about inspiration and motivation here. We design from hopes. We create for wishes.
So what are your wishes, hopes and aspirations?
Tell us yours and enter for the chance for a custom designed bracelet to inspire you on your own personal journey!
We'll announce two winners on 6/7/2013. The first place winner will win a free custom designed bracelet. The second place winner will win 50% off a custom designed bracelet.
Just share your thoughts in the comment section below and you are automatically entered!
Sometimes you find a quote that supplies you with the answer to what troubles you. I came across this one today:
Happiness is a direction, not a place" ~ Sydney J Harris
I'll add to this just a bit....
It's not a person or a thing either. It truly is a direction in which you choose to go.
And I am choosing....forward with happiness. Pursue happiness....
There is nothing better for the soul than being an optimist
"Every day may not be good, there's something good in every day"
Today my good was the unexpected more-than-a-dusting snow that we had today. It cancelled out after school activities and made for a very peaceful, quiet evening.
I'm easy to please.
Find your "good" in Every Day.
I am not one to typically recommend a book, mostly because...I just don't seem to ever sit down and read these days. But with the great gift of an ipad, downloading a book based on an urge is so easy to do.
I found myself, recently in a very negative place. Very cynical, negative. Hanging onto unhealthy thoughts and behaviors. Not myself at all. So upsetting.
I downloaded a book based on one single quote:
“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
If that doesn't do it for you, maybe some of these other quotes WILL do it for you?
- “If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.”
- “Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.”
- “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love - even the most simple action.”
- “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living
- “Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now.”
- “Nothing has happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.”
- “Once you have identified with some form of negativity, you do not want to let it go, and on a deeply unconscious level, you do not want positive change. It would threaten your identity as a depressed, angry or hard-done by person. You will then ignore, deny or sabotage the positive in your life. This is a common phenomenon. It is also insane.”
- "Emotion arises at the place where mind and body meet. It is the body's reaction to your mind — or you might say, a reflection of your mind in the body"
- The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of unconscious resistance to what is. On the level of thought, the resistance is some form of judgment. On the emotional level, it is some form of negativity. The intensity of the pain depends on the degree of resistance to the present moment, and this in turn depends on how strongly you are identified with your mind."
- When you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it. The mind in itself is a wonderful tool. Dysfunction sets in when you seek your self in it and mistake it for who you are"
Live in the Now, it will change your life.